Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Our Pawfect Wedding: Some Details

Before you get to see the pictures of me struggling into my dress like a special person... here are some of the details that helped put together my day, as taken while we were getting ready! All photos are by Erin Hession Photography.

My beautiful, difficult programs. I finished them that morning as people arrived.

Erin did this shot of our rings on our RSVP card!

And here are our rings with the cake toppers I painted!

Mr Pug's ring...

I have such WONDERFUL blog friends... here's a hankie that Dawn from Lydia & Pugs sent me - I didn't even ASK - she was just all generous and thoughtful WITHOUT BEING PROMPTED. I didn't think people like that existed. (She does products with drawings of many dog breeds, check her out!) Also Melissa from Pug Notes sent over the pug buttons for me... they look JUST like the three pugmigos, do they not?

Here is my jewelry from Luxe Deluxe. I'm wrestling with whether or not to sell them. Not super re-wearable but my Mom bought me the bracelet and it's sort of sentimental. So I'm not sure.

I made this locket the night before the wedding. It's my dad and my first pug, both taken from me too soon.

My shoes! Blogger Stephanie wore them (hers were dyed orange) and recommended them... they couldn't have been more perfect! I was going to send them to Laura but timing wouldn't work for cross-country shipping. Now the question- what color could/should I dye them now for future wear?

I love how my bestie BM H decorated this card...

Ok and FLOWERS!

Here are all the bridesmaid bouquets. Hydrangea with some spider mums and hypericum berries shoved in. Maybe something else, who knows. They didn't hold up well (hello, hydrangeas?) but looked great through pictures so that's what matters most.

My flowers. Dramatic. Different. Gorgeous. Anemones, spider mums, ranunculus, hypericum berries, some orchid-y things I do NOT remember asking for (but liked) and some roses I think (or just ugly ranunculus-es) that I did not ask for and did NOT like. But you could barely see them.

It was gorgeous but also not so great on the holding up front. The spider mums probably survived best (except the berries but they don't count) which was surprising since they're fragile- hit them wrong and they could unravel. Mostly my issue was just wilting... summer brides I do not suggest any of these!!!!

But let's be honest. It was perfect for me and I'd never do it any other way.

Up next... I promise you get to see my dress!

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!

    I love your programs so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your wedding looks so perfect! Too bad the flowers didn't hold up, but they sure look amazing in all of the pics! I LOVE green flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. This post makes me feel much better about being cheap and going with silk flowers. My wedding is in May and I didn't even think about the heat effecting real flowers. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing, and the programs were worth it- they're gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That crazy in love card with the rings on it - SUPER cute. Love the locket on your bouquet.

    Don't sell your jewels - some things deserve to be kept. Maybe you'll have a daughter one day that wants to wear them??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers were out of this world gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the wedding details - and your flowers, just beautiful! Your programs look really great too, awesome job!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them!!! Everything looks sooooo good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers and programs look awesome! That was very sweet of Dawn to send you the hankie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love. Thanks for the shoe shout-out ;) Whether you sell the other jewelry pieces, KEEP the bracelet! You'll regret getting rid of it and you can always have it to wear for special nights out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those bouquets are lovely! And I agree with Stephanie, you should keep that bracelet...wear it on anniversary dinners or something :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cool pics, especially the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The programs look great and your rings with your rsvp is so cute! Don't sell your jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many gorgeous details! It all came together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love all the blogger friend gifts--how awesome! and your bouquet is stunning. and you know i can't wait to see those little cake topper pugs in action!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh goodness, the bouquets are just amazing Kelly! Thanks for the info though...note to self: maybe having anemones in my bm bouquets at the end of May is a bad idea...

    ReplyDelete
  17. The flowers are really bold! Nice! Also I love the pug/wedding combo. My fiance is bent on getting a pug, and though I've never been a dog person, he's warmed up to my cats (and cats in general) so I've warmed up to his pet of choice too, and I'm honestly looking forward to getting a little puppy together with him :)

    ReplyDelete