Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Christmas Side of Miss Pug!

Born to be Mrs. Beever posted a great Christmas blogger questionnaire. So of course I had to do it! I'll start you out with our Christmas stocking for the puggies, which my best friend aka bridesmaid H got for us last year.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I love ripping it off and I LOVE wrapping presents.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I love real trees, but ours is artificial now since we have a tiny house and budget!

3. When do you put up the tree? As soon as Mr Pug will let me! Which is not early enough.

4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime between Christmas and New Years. My mom put our tree at the curb on Christmas Day once. She's not so much a fan of holidays.

5. Do you like eggnog? Sick, no.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I can't think of a specific one... I was always so happy with all my gifts. Lame answer, I know.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My MOM!

8. Easiest person to buy for? Mr Pug for sure. I have a rolling list of things I could get him.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Not yet but I hope to get one when we have a mantle over a fireplace at one point.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I usually mail, but this year has been too scattered and we dropped the ball!

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? HAHA the crushed velvet gloves my quirky aunt got me once.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf or National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation! I wish my Dad had been alive to see Elf, I bet he would have loved it- he introduced us to Christmas Vacation.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In November.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can think of.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I used to love getting the Italian bakery leaf cookies that would always be at my Dad's coworker's party (and at many NJ events throughout the year.) My last few years in NJ after my Dad died we went to our old neighbor's house and I learned that I LOVED Yorkshire pudding. Right now, I think I need a new tradition!

16. Lights on the tree? WHITE. I DESPISE colored lights.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Anything by Trans Siberian Orchestra.

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? It's weird now that I live here in IN with Mr Pug and my family is in New Jersey. Usually we go visit one of his relatives and then spend time at home too. I hope in the future to host Christmas or visit my family.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher and Dancer and Donny and Blitzen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Vixen? I think I'm off. Is there a Prancer in there? And Rudolph of course.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I love stars... they're so classic.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I like Christmas morning but I've gotten one gift on Christmas Eve from Mr Pug the last two years- my promise ring in 07 and my engagement ring in 08!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Missing my family.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I loved my family's tree with SO many ornaments... mine now is boring with our gold and red. I need to get an eclectic collection!

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I'll have to say Yorkshire pudding again.. it was so good!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? HAHA my unrealistic list- a key necklace from Tiffany's, an amazing DSLR, a new Mac... ha. Really I'd love some pajama pants and slippers!

26. Have you ever been caroling? No, but I was in church choir so I've done my fair share of carol singing!

8 comments:

  1. I'm going to do this on Christmas day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the winner of one of my giveaways! Email me within 24 hours to claim your prize!

    navybaby1113 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you did this...don't knock the red and gold on your tree...it's classic and timeless. You have plenty of years to mix it up with Mr Pug in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on winning the cute wedding sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. * calls UPS to cancel the shipment of crushed velvet gloves that I just sent you *

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty sure there isn't a Donny, correct me if I'm wrong :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shit... am I thinking of the Osmonds? LOL! :)

    -kjpugs

    ReplyDelete