Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Macarons?

This is a huge trend. I don't get it. Well, sort of. I pretty much don't get it because I've never had one. A Macaron. NOT "macaroon" but macaron, aka it's French. And fancy. And... COLORFUL.

source

I would like to eat these immediately. I love pistachio-flavored things so the green ones speak to me.

My pal Cher has an obsession with macarons and is trying to get me to try them. She described their taste to me, and I think this diagram helps:

source

Ok, sign me up! I am currently on the search for a place that makes them in Indianapolis, and have determined I might as well be in Antarctica. None being sold. Some Starbucks are carrying them for a hot second right now, but that'll be my only hope. Cher has a blog called Shoe-a-Day that is mostly about fabulous shoes but sometimes, she digresses. And recently she digressed to blog about buying the Starbucks macarons. And today, she is giving away a book on how to MAKE THEM! You can read about it and enter here. All you need to do is tell her your favorite color macaron.... and with that picture I posted, it shouldn't be too hard. You have until 11 on Christmas! GO!

5 comments:

  1. I've never had that kind of macaroons (there's two different kinds), but I love coconut macaroons! Favorite cookie ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a chance to try these for the first time since one of the kid's I teach parent's bought them from Bouchon Bakery (fancy french baskery in the city) and man, they totally lived up to the hype!!! Seriously, like one of the best cookies I have ever eaten. Find one. Now. And then let me know whatcha think!

    PS- They're supposed to be super-hard to make, so I don't know if attempting them yourself is something you were thinking of but I wouldn't recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They. Are. Friggin. Awesome. Yep...they are delicious. I love little sweets like this & this...rocks every inch of my world! :)

    I've seen quite a few brides who have made these...not sure if they're incredibly hard to make or just...eh...time consuming. I was considering these as favors for a BRIEF (aka bored) moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just going to say I know Starbucks has been carrying them, I am there just about daily and see them all the time. Don't make me ship you some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't get it at first either, but I've fallen in love with the little green ones. Le sigh. I was hoping to get a KitchenAid mixer for Christmas so that I could make perfect meringue for them. The best part, they are delish. I love the coconut macarons too but they are much less visually pleasing. ;)

    ReplyDelete