Friday, October 23, 2009

Be a Princess... No, REALLY.

Growing up, I worshiped a group of strong, beautiful women. Pre-SATC. They were the original Disney princesses.

Source

Don't even try to give me Pocahontas or Mulan. These six: Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Cinderella, Ariel, and Jasmine are THE Disney Princesses.

I had a massive obsession with mermaids growing up, so Ariel was always my favorite. Besides that though, I didn't go all out with the princesses past a certain point. (Ha... replaced that with pugs I guess!) But I know lots of gals who held onto that obsession (including one of my wonderful college roommates!) So for those who can't get enough... designer Kirstie Kelly brings these:

Yep, rings inspired by each princess!

Thoughts? First, I think they honestly fit each princess perfectly. I also realized... I don't rank the princesses and the rings similarly. I'd probably rank the princesses Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Belle, Snow White, Jasmine. But I'd rank the rings Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, Ariel! First and last are reversed. Definitely not anticipated.

TresSugar writes up more information about the rings, and asks "love it" or "leave it" - I voted LOVE IT! I don't think it's cheesy or anything, since they're not too "obvious" (like a fish for Ariel, etc.) How perfect would it be if you were obsessed with a specific princess and found out right after saying "YES" that it was "her" ring? Too cute!

What do you guys think? And which is your favorite?

note- the TresSugar article says Kristie Kelly but it is actually Kirstie. I corrected and thought I'd let you all know.

8 comments:

  1. I voted Love It too! My fave and my fave princess is Sleeping Beauty :)

    And I'm right there with you - these are the only princesses not Pocahontas or Mulan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful...my fav princess has my fav ring here as well...the beautiful Snow White!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it!! The first wedding dresses I tried on were from the Kristie Kelly Disney line. The dresses were gorgeous and my love of Disney made me want to spend $3000 for a dress... not really. So I moved on and found my non-Disney dress at David's Bridal. Anyway... if I didn't absolutely LOVE my engagement ring I'd be drooling over the Sleeping Beauty and Belle rings. Absolutely gorgeous.

    Do you think you'll include Tiana as a Disney princess when The Princess and the Frog comes out in December? I can't wait to see it!

    Sorry, I'm a bit of a Disney nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! The Snow White is my favorite but would be hard as heck to find a matching band.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'm thinking: Jasmine was Arabian, so the ring that has her name should be, too. Her's probably should have been an oval or teardrop as the anchor stone, not princess. Jasmine is my favorite of the princesses, but I don't think she would have worn that ring. ;)

    My favorite is definitely Sleeping Beauty's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow how cool is that! My fave is def Sleeping Beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, I hated that they stopped doing the fabulous princesses and I hate that people think Mulan and stuff counts, lame! I'm all about Ariel too, she was my fave :) I love that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belle is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete