Monday, October 26, 2009

Dem Jewelzz

Ahh, I guess I'm in a ghetto mood. I apologize in advance for the MAJOR CHEESE self portraits you will be viewing!

I am happy to announce that I got my necklace and earrings as well as my bridesmaids' necklaces! Here are my bridesmaids' necklaces, bought at none other than New York & Company.

I got them the day they came in (I was doing the shipment!) and it was the last day of 40% off jewelry. On top of the 40% off I got my discount, making these necklaces just over $7 each! They're not the perfect green but I know they'll really tie it in, I love the varied green colors in it.

Onward to my jewelry! Check out these blingin' earrings!

Gosh I wish I could've gotten a great picture of them on.

They are perfect, and less heavy than I imagined. I got them and my necklace (which I blogged about) a few weeks ago but neglected to photograph them because of...

Yea, the necklace is pretty tight. More choker-ish than it should be. If I flex my neck muscles at all, the pearl jumps and the necklace near strangles me. Remember the sausageneck comment? Self-fulfilling prophecy! This is how it is supposed to look:

(From Luxe Deluxe's etsy page) Luckily, the shop owner is happy to send me an extender. It'll only take a few inches to make it look more like this:

I think that will balance more with my sweetheart neckline dress. It's personal preference, but I hate chokers with strapless dresses, and more importantly, hate all chokers on me! Sausageneck syndrome!

Here are some great portraits of the earrings... I'm seriously in love with them! Watch out Mr Pug... they're also perfect for me!

Anyone else have some snafus on the way to jeweled perfection? And ps- can you believe that I found my bridesmaid necklaces!?

7 comments:

  1. Love everything! My fav is definitely the Etsy necklace, I'm going to have to check out her shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jewelry you choose! We're going to be almost jewelry twins because I also found that same Etsy seller a while back, and had them make me a semi custom necklace and bracelet, based on the designs in their store. The quality of their stuff is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those earrings are beautiful!! They (& the necklaces too!) look great on you. Great job getting those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looove your bridesmaids' necklaces! I'm so jealous of your discount!! Your jewelry is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome pugss! love em, your earrings are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The earrings are soo pretty, but I am really loving the necklace. It's so simple and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gahhhh earring envy! They look fab! Great size! And I'm glad the bridesmaid necklace debaucle is finally settled!

    ReplyDelete